Each day is absolutely wasted if you are not living each one radiantly alive.
Tune in to The Ever Widening Circles Podcast and hear ways to silence your mental chatter so that you can live happier with more serenity, especially during moments of uncertainty.
Let’s start the path to joy by learning that not labeling something as bad or good can lead you to a life of resilience.
[00:01 – 09:06] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome our guest for today, Dr. Srikumar Rao
- Dr. Rao gives us some background
- Being radiantly alive
- There are steps we can take to get to this point
- How Dr. Rao and I met
- Dr. Rao’s story
- Tired of the politics in the corporate world
- Teachings of the World’s Greatest Masters
- Created a course in personal growth
[09:07 – 18:36] Good Thing, Bad Thing, Who Knows?
- A parable of wisdom from Dr. Rao
- What was meant for bad became a fortune
- Have you ever had something happen the life you thought was terrible but became a good thing
- Dr. Rao shares an example from one of his talks
- Stop and ask if this terrible thing could become wonderful
- The realm of despair to the realm of possibility
- Suffering begins when we label something bad and unbearable
- Example of losing your job
- Resilience comes when you stop labeling things as bad
- Stuff happens to you, stop labeling those things as adversity and you won’t have to bounce back from it
[18:37 – 28:46] Your Awareness Is Like a Flashlight
- What Dr. Rao offers as a way of perspective
- Timeless lessons from the Greatest Masters
- Example: I suffered a great many tragedies in life, many of which never happened
- Dr. Rao walks us through an example of awareness
- The uselessness of worries
- The conditioning of the mind around goals
- Recognize you are happy, not that you will receive it
- You don’t get it because you need it but because it’s your path in life
- We have no control, we never did
- Setting a goal is about the learning and growth as we try to achieve it
[28:47 – 38:56] Go Beyond the Duality
- Dr. Rao shares perspective on the turbulence we experience
- Is it bad? Is it good? Don’t label it, go beyond the duality
- It simply happened
- This too shall pass
- Do everything from the space of joy
- Thoughts on mental chatter
- The constant, incessant internal voice
- The parable of the Second Arrow
- Explaining through the story of a mother’s child
- The second arrow is always delivered through means of mental chatter
[38:57 – 46:58] Closing Segment
- How would you have done if not for the pandemic?
- The positivity that has come out of it
- How can we find you?
- See links below
- What reminded you every day that it’s still an amazing world?
- Despite the fear we are in the best times we’ve ever been
- There are multiple channels to discover that this is a matrix
- Final Words